Lapierre Zest AM 8.0 Ultimate
Half-way between a full-suspension XC and an enduro, with a clearance of 150mm on the 27.5 frame and 140mm on the 29, it will improve uphill sensations compared to a pure enduro bike and yet is more stable downhill than a full-suspension XC. To sum up, a bike that offers it all, and more.
Our challenge was to entirely redesign two models which were a huge hit with endurance and all-mountain riders.
So, we have entirely redesigned our two models to evolve with riding practices.
To do this, we opted for a shared platform, at the same time preserving the separate identities of the Zesty and the Spicy.
A shared framework, but totally different behaviours. Zesty and Spicy make their come-back.
Developed with the help of pro riders, notably Nicolas Vouilloz, 10 times world downhill champion, we have gone to great lengths to get maximum thrills, in terms of downhill for the Spicy and all-mountain capabilities for Zesty.
The challenge was to preserve the character of each bike: Spicy, the ultimate endurance bike, great for speed; and Zesty, an exceptional all-mountain explorer.
We focused on the details. In particular three main areas: the FIT programme, kinematics and geometry modernisation. In relationship with users’ expectations, across the full aluminium and carbon range.
An innovative programme which allows components to evolve depending on the size of the bike and therefore... the size of the rider
With this system, the bike can be adjusted to the rider’s morphology. The programme is based on the evolution of eight bicycle components to improve comfort, but also performance between you and your bike.
- 27.5 or 29 inches (tyre section max. 2.6)
- Front/rear clearance: 160 to 170 mm on the Spicy / 140 to 150 mm on the Zesty
- Crank length: 2 crank lengths
- Different chainring size: 2 different sizes
- Handlebars: 2 handlebar widths
- Telescopic seat post heights: 3 different lengths
- Grip diameter: 2 grip sizes
- Disks: 2 disk sizes
Modern design, sweating the details
Compatible with 27.5 and 29 inches.
Our priorities were to develop a bike on which to have fun, where you feel perfectly the terrain beneath you, and which allows you to be responsive.
“We started with a blank sheet of paper; the behaviour is really different. The instantaneous centre of rotation of the suspension goes from the front to the back. This makes the bike much more fun. It’s as if the rear bases become shorter when stress is put on the shock absorber. So the bike lifts up more easily, you feel the turns in the back wheel and it’s accentuated by the fact that the link is really small; it creates more variation with the instantaneous centre of rotation. The damping curve also contributes to this light feeling at the front, because it's pretty full up to about 75% of clearance, then linear for the last 25.”
Only available on carbon frames, with storage space for an inner tube and a few tools in a watertight box. It also helps to protect the frame.
Frame : NEW ZESTY AM FIT FULL CARBON ULTIMATE, 150mm travel (27.5), 140mm travel (29), PRESSFIT, BOOST, METRIC, THRU AXLE
- Fork : NEW FOX 34 FACTORY KASHIMA BOOST 150mm (27.5), 140mm (29)
- Shock Absorber : NEW FOX DPX2 FACTORY KASHIMA TRUNNION
- Headset : FSA ORBIT ZERO STACK + ANGLESET 0.5°
- Bottom bracket : NEW DUB PRESS FIT MTB 92
- Crankset : NEW SRAM X01 CARBON EAGLE BOOST 148 DUB 12 SPD 32T (S/27.5), 34T (M/27.5), 32T (M, L, XL/29)
- Stem : NEW LP FULL CNC 0° 35mm (S, M, L), 45mm (XL)
- Seatpost : LP 7075 DROPPER 100mm (S), 125mm (M), 150mm (L, XL)
- Handlebar : LP 6061DB 760mm (S,M), 780 mm (L, XL), 15mm RISE, 31.8 BAR BORE - LP LOCK-ON grips
- Rear derailleur : SRAM X01 EAGLE CARBON 12 SPD
- Brakes : SRAM GUIDE RS - SRAM CENTERLINE ROUNDED 180mm/180mm (27.5), 200mm/180mm (29)
- Shifters : SRAM GX EAGLE MATCHMAKER 12 SPD
- Saddle : NEW Lapierre CRMO by Velo
- Wheel : NEW LAPIERRE AM CARBON 27.5x30c (S, M), 29x30c (M, L, XL), BOOST, XD DRIVER
- Sprocket : SRAM XG1275 EAGLE 10-50 12 SPD
- Tires : MAXXIS HIGH ROLLER II WIDE TRAIL 27.5x2.4 (S, M), 29x2.5 (M, L, XL) FRONT. MAXXIS HR II 27.5x2.4 (S,M), MINION DHR 29x2.4 WT (M, L, XL) REAR
- Weight : 13,1 (29)
- Size : 27.5 = S, M / 29 = M, L, XL
- 13.10 KGS